From the Bylaws of the International Council of Anthroposophic Nursing Associations
ICANA aims to:
- Develop and promote a dignified nursing practice that provides a balance to technology-dominated, reductionist medical systems.
- Coordinate and promote the cooperation between national associations and representatives of Anthroposophic Nursing.
- Establish and foster national and international cooperative structures between the healthcare professions and their organizations.
- Contribute to shaping the national and international healthcare system.
- Develop and disseminate Anthroposophic Nursing practice.
- Assures the quality of Anthroposophic Nursing.
- Promote science and teaching in the field of Anthroposophic Nursing.
ICANA is politically and denominationally neutral and pursues no commercial aims.